|The KISS Grammar Workbooks||Back to October Menu|
Exercise # 3
1. "Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.
2. He remembered dying, and that
the dog walking beside him had been dead for years.
3. "Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some
ice water brought right up."
4. After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt
road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There
was no fence.
5. "Doesn't it make you mad for
them to use your name like that?"
6. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and
reading a book.