1. Seeing this his father was very distressed and alarmed.
2. At that time organists and musicians were very poorly paid, and George
Handel wanted his boy to get on well in the world.
3. But in spite of so much care and trouble taken, it was impossible to
destroy the strongest desire of the boy’s nature.
4. He arose in great surprise, and calling his wife they went to find out the
cause of these strange sounds.
5. Then, opening the door and holding up the candle he carried, George
Handel peered wonderingly into the dusty old lumber-room.