1. The Battle of the Nile was a great battle fought at sea between the British
and French in the year 1798.
2. My father told me to remain here, and not to stir unless he called me.
3. “But,” cried the sailors in amazement, “your father lies mortally wounded
on deck, and the ship will soon
4. A few minutes later the figure of Casabianca was seen in the glare of
the flames, leaning over the prostrate
figure of his father.
5. Soon after, a terrible explosion shook every ship in the bay, while
burning fragments of L’Orient were hurled in the air, falling heavily
to the water in all directions.